Integration 

Pricing 

Monte Carlo Simulation 

Taxes 

Asset Allocation 

LTC-College Planning 

Estate Planning 

A Cadillac of a Program.

I love it. I get better at it every day. My clients love it. It's a keeper.

User Review

The Good
After using a desktop competitor (MoneyTree), MoneyGuidePro drives like a cadillac. Their enhancements over the past year relating to interface only improve the smooth ride. There is so much "meat" in this program that I can fill most client needs relating to planning. Their training program is phenomenal -live training, video training, PDFs to read. Regardless of your learning style, they have a way for you to learn their program. The Help feature is excellent and their phone and email tech support folks are helpful, knowledgeable, and nice.

I like the client portal that allows my clients to log in and see what's happening in their plan. I like the integration with IPS Advisor Pro, FinaMetrica, and ProTracker.
The Bad
I am not happy with their asset allocation selections. I have tinkered with the asset allocation portion (for example, they don't have mid-caps nor do they have emerging markets, foreign bonds, REITS, commodities). I can understand not having all asset classes, but not having mid caps boggles my mind. Their phone support person told me that their consultant Harold Evensky doesn't use midcaps. Anyway, it's left me not feeling comfortable using their program to help design my client's portfolios.

Estate planning is getting better. At first, it was just a few boxes to click on whether they had wills, POA, or a bypass. There is a lot they could do here without too much work - even if they just had boxes for me to check and then verbiage is generated in the report that the client needs to add a trust, or guardianship for a child, etc.

You really do need to take the training to learn the program. But it's worth the time to learn this program well.
The Bottom Line
Works great for a wide range of clients.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account