Integration 

Pricing 

Monte Carlo Simulation 

Taxes 

Asset Allocation 

LTC-College Planning 

Estate Planning 

Seems to have a split personality

I'll be interested to see what happens in the future; I understand that the Online version is going to combine the Standard and Extended into one package, so that you can do either goals based or cash flow based planning out of the same software.

User Review

The Good
I am an long time user of the Desktop Extended version, and I loved the fact that I could create customized reports. I'm less of a fan of the Online extended version, although I'm willing to give up my old ways and work with it differently. It's a very robust program and you can do very detailed planning (or not) and have confidence in the results.
The Bad
The learning curve is steep (I've worked with this program since 1998), and the Online version still has bugs and problems. The Desktop version is great, but it will not be upgraded. Also, it does not play nice with Word 2007 (probably was not upgraded to do so).
The Bottom Line
If you want to do cash flow based planning, this is the best tool I've found. However, the loss of the ability to customize reports is somewhat of a drawback, but probably just for me.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account