Integration 

Pricing 

Monte Carlo Simulation 

Taxes 

Asset Allocation 

LTC-College Planning 

Estate Planning 

Combines cash flow and goals in one platform - outstanding support

I am also a big believer in hosted solutions, so local applications don't get a lot of scrutiny from me.

User Review

The Good
MoneyGuide is a well engineered program that combines cash flow analysis into a goals-based program. Much better than having to choose between the two kinds of designs like in the old days. It is fairly intuitive. It provides enough assumptions that the user can pop out a quick analysis if necessary, and the ability to drill down into just about all those assumptions and customize a plan to whatever extent desired. Technical support, which is often where I have the most frustrations with software, is outstanding. You usually have to leave a message and get a call back, but the call comes quickly and the support reps clearly have a deep understanding of their product and are well versed in financial planning concepts. They are a joy to work with.
The Bad
While Generation 2 provides some significant improvements, I miss the ability to jump back and forth between the results dashboard and the input pages.
The Bottom Line
This is a well designed planning tool that offers great support and is always improving. My clients understand the output, and appreciate the ability to log in and review or update their plan (and enables me to update out of town clients remotely). It is a great platform.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account