Fixed Income 

Tax Lot Accounting 

Trading 

Integrations 

Security 

Hosting 

Pricing 

the industry standard in portfolio accounting software

I used to use Captools Pro for 18 years. Was very hard to learn but (in its latest iteration) had wonderful customization - especially for reporting. But it had NO integration with other software and most importantly (for me) had no cloud based solution (like a service bureau). I switched to Portfoliocenter - hosted through BOSS about 2 years ago. I now have a cloud based OUTSOURCED portfolio management software solution which was mission critical for my firm's needs and a software solution that now easily integrates with my CRM (Redtail) and Financial Planning (MoneyguidePro) - which saves a whole bunch of time. The reports look ANCIENT and give one really terrible customization. I hear it is supposed to get better with new software updates. Promises - promises! But it is the industry standard and I have little concern that the firm will go out of business - which would put my firm in harms way. Always had that worry with Captools and then saw it with Techfi. As it is so popular a software solution, it creates a big market for outsourcers as well - giving competative choices for outsourcers - which is always a good thing for advisors.

User Review

The Good
The most used portfolio accounting software. Has the bugs work out of it. Does the job - if a bit boring. Because it is so well used and supported - there are numerous integrations with other software like CRM and financial planning software.
The Bad
Reports are ancient and formatting things to make it look the way you want is somewhere between very time consuming and impossible. No real trading or rebalancing module - but does integrate with (rather expensive)rebalalncing software.
The Bottom Line
Good value and accurate if a bit dated.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account